Kidder Mathews, AMO® (www.kiddermathews.com) is the leading privately-held commercial real estate services firm on the West Coast and offers a full spectrum of property management, brokerage, and valuation advisory services to a diverse clientele that includes institutional and private investors, corporations, public agencies, and non-profit organizations. Kidder Mathews currently manages a commercial property portfolio of in excess of 50 million square feet, with asset value in excess of $7 billion. The firm also provides brokerage, development, building engineering, project and construction management, consulting, capital markets, and sustainability services from 21 offices throughout the West Coast. Founded in Seattle in 1969, Kidder Mathews has built a reputation of absolute integrity, high-level commercial real estate expertise and incredible client service.
With offices in California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona and Nevada, Kidder Mathews is an expanding, dynamic, vibrant and entrepreneurial firm and has been consistently recognized as a “best place to work” in multiple markets.
Kidder Mathews is seeking an experienced and qualified commercial Property Manager to be based in our Silicon Valley regional office located in San Jose, California. The management portfolio consists of a diverse mix of office, industrial and retail assets. Working under the direction of the Vice President & Senior Property Manager, the Property Manager will:
- Interface with and maintain courteous, professional and service oriented rapport with clients.
- Respond to and resolve tenant concerns.
- Meet with and foster positive rapport with tenants, ensuring that tenant needs are met, and that high quality property management service is achieved.
- Request/review/recommend bids for contracted services.
- Ensure that maintenance and repairs are performed on schedule and in accordance with an approved operating budget.
- Review and approve, within prescribed limits of authority, vendor and contractor invoices.
- Review and approve annual operating expense reconciliations as prepared by the assigned property accountant.
- Lead budget team for assigned Portfolio.
- Review monthly operating statements and prepare monthly owner operating report, to include variance analysis and property overview.
- Encourage and promote a cohesive and collaborative relationship with Leasing Team.
- Work with Leasing Team to ensure that all vacant space is in “market ready” condition at all times.
- Review new leases and prepare lease abstract.
- Administer Property Management Agreement.
- Participate in new business presentations to prospective clients.
- Mentor, lead, train and supervise assigned Portfolio staff.
- Bachelor degree
- Valid California real estate license
- Minimum of 4 years of hands on commercial property manager experience with demonstrated progressive increase in accountability
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass drug test and background screen
- Professional industry designation preferred (CPM, CSM, RPA, CCIM)
The successful candidate will also possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive and collaborative relationships with both external and internal clients and stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Courteous, professional, and respectful rapport with peers and subordinates.
- Superior customer service/people/team building skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to read, understand and abstract leases and contracts.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong, well developed computer literacy with property management accounting software and MS Office applications.
- Ability to draft quality, well organized letters, reports and memos.
- Superior time management skills.
- High degree of motivation.
- Professional and confident approach to work.
- Strong commitment to goals.
- Adaptable to change.
- Ability to exude calm and confidence in occasionally stressful situations.
- Ability to recognize and require high quality maintenance work.
- Entrepreneurial and business growth oriented outlook and approach.
This is a full time position, and Kidder Mathews offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including:
- Potential for additional incentive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Section 125 flexible spending program
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Assistance Program
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job