McLeod Sears is a dynamic commercial real estate development and investment company located in Houston, TX. We are an entrepreneurial, data-driven organization focused on finding and analyzing opportunities to make long term, sustainable investments in retail real estate. We are looking for an Acquisitions Analyst to evaluate investment opportunities in conjunction with the Managing Partner.
- Leading an acquisition strategy within our portfolio to identify and qualify potential investment opportunities
- Gathering and analyzing economic, demographic and real estate market data to qualify prospective new acquisitions and to prepare property marketing collateral
- Reviewing and analyzing legal documents and other materials as part of the due diligence process or as part of on-going property oversight
- Utilizing and mastering industry-related software to analyze relevant market data and prepare proposals, presentations and reports
- Performing financial analysis of various retail investment opportunities
- Preparing and presenting the results of your analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborating with the marketing department on the creation of property marketing materials and email marketing pieces
- Provide any needed support to acquisitions team
- Argus experience preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of experience working in the commercial real estate business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or a similar discipline
- Deep understanding and appreciation for the CRE business such that she/he is able to intuit needs of a project she/he is working on
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to conceptualize
- Very proactive, self-starter with a team player attitude and strong organizational skills
- Tech-savvy and confident with using software and the internet to find needed information in a time sensitive environment
- Strong analytical and market research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency is required; Intermediate knowledge of Excel is required
- Ownership mindset: self-directed and able to lead acquisition strategies with Partner input
Please also fill out the questionnaire in the link below. Your application will not be considered without the completed form.
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.