- Qualify potential deals and determine which ones are worthy of underwriting and presentation to the Chief Investment Officer and Investment Committee, including evaluating the stability, value-add potential and long-term retail appeal for each acquisition opportunity, with particular focus on the desirability of the location, condition of the physical plant, position relative to competition, and ability to maintain and increase NOI.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan covering all aspects of acquisition activity for assigned territory. This includes gaining a thorough understanding of and ability to share the company’s buying parameters. This marketing plan will include the identification of key owners and brokers and specific target markets with routine scheduled meetings with those owners/brokers and prospecting trips to those markets.
- Identify and establish good working relationships with investment brokers, leasing brokers, shopping center owners (institutions, REITs, and private), lenders, servicers and other parties in in order to source as many qualified acquisition opportunities as possible.
- Work with asset management, leasing, property management and finance to create and clearly communicate a realistic business plan for each acquisition.
- Execute and/or manage the underwriting of each qualified potential acquisition.
- Execution of comprehensive negotiations plans for each potential acquisition – beginning with the Letter of Intent, through drafting the purchase contract and any amendments, to closing with the seller.
- For properties under contract, work with the Due Diligence Team in completing the due diligence process and, where necessary, assist with any contract modifications/amendments, etc. needed to facilitate closings.
- Maintain pipeline database that tracks activity related to contacts, prospecting and potential acquisitions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field of study.
- 5 + years of experience in net lease real estate acquisition, valuation, analysis and due diligence.
- Must possess a high level of financial proficiency, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret complex financial reports.
- Experience with MS Excel and ARGUS or other portfolio analysis software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as relationship building skills.
- Experience negotiating and drafting real estate leases and contracts a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Willingness to relocate and work from a corporate office in Park City, UT. A remote arrangement may be considered for the ideal candidate
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.