Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Director position is based in San Francisco and will be responsible for direct oversight of all aspects of asset management for a broad portfolio of high quality commercial assets within the Northern California and Pacific Northwest regions. As a member of the commercial asset management team, the Director is tasked with driving outperformance for their assets under management, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to create value, and developing and sharing best practices. The role is intended to allow for talented and motivated individuals to work with limited oversight and ultimately serve as a key resource within the assigned region. The Director will create new and leverage existing industry relationships and represent INVESCO Real Estate in the market through interaction with both partners and peers.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Drive investment strategy, value creation and outperformance through direct oversight of property operations, leasing and capital deployment
- Measure and monitor asset performance against a variety of benchmarks including; client objectives, pro-forma metrics, budget and market comparables.
- Develop and effectuate annual business plans through actively overseeing property management, leasing, accounting, legal, appraisal, tax, research personnel as well as third-party consultants.
- Maintain open and effective lines of communication with Portfolio Management regarding management of their investments including the physical, financial, and leasing performance.
- Work collaboratively with JV partners and service providers while best serving INVESCO’s interests.
- Perform regular market visits and property inspections for assigned assets; travel required.
- Actively engage in the appraisal and internal valuation process to ensure accurate and timely feedback.
- Support the broader INVESCO platform on potential new acquisitions and dispositions; collaboratively work with acquisitions, dispositions, underwriting, engineering and closing groups on investment execution and due diligence.
- Review and approve the various documents pertaining to operating and marketing the assets, including management agreements, leasing agreements, service contracts, etc.
- Develop and maintain knowledge regarding capital markets activity in the region. Establish credibility as Invesco’s regional expert.
- Develop and foster productive working relationships with property management companies, brokers and industry peers.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on commercial asset management and/or development experience.
- Prior experience, implementing repositioning and redevelopment projects; ability to work collaboratively and effectively with joint venture partners and developers.
- Broad understanding of the operational and investment fundamentals of institutional real estate.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong quantitative analysis skills. Ability to think and act strategically with experience analyzing leasing and investment decisions.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, written and interpersonal skills are essential. A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Consensus builder possessing the ability to work in a team environment managing projects and influence other investment professionals.
- High level of integrity.
- Results oriented
- Natural curiosity
- Creative / innovative
- High proficiency with Excel and Word. Knowledge of Yardi, Argus, Kardin, and VTS is a plus
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree a plus.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment. #LI-mt01
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years