Assistant Development Manager
We are seeking a well-rounded individual to join the development team of a well-known RE Developer in Los Angeles. As an Assistant Development Manager, you will lead several projects through pre-construction, construction, financing and closing. The developments are within affordable housing for families, seniors, veterans and market rate properties.
Primary responsibilities will be to coordinate, implement, and manage activities related to affordable housing developments throughout California. Development includes the acquisition of land, performing all tasks necessary to conduct feasibility analysis, obtaining entitlements, preparing pro formas and applications to obtain all necessary project financing, and coordinating with the development team to obtain all required permits to start construction. This position will work out of our Los Angeles office.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Preform site inspections, due diligence and evaluations
- Assist and develop project budgets, prepare pro formas and feasibility analysis
- Formulate strategies to ensure funding applications are handled
- Secure all approvals for planning and building
- Maintain open communication with all departments and external agencies
- Attend meetings, provide input and ensure all entitlements, design, tax credit applications and project plans are received in a timely manner
- Coordinate, prepare, and complete financing applications and proposals to various private and public funding agencies related to housing and community development projects.
- Assist with financing closings including working with attorneys, lenders, investors, and escrow and title companies in the coordination and delivery of due diligence, legal, and financial documents.
- Coordinate preparation of real estate documents such as funding draws, relocation documentation, title, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with experience in project financing, closing and construction within affordable housing development is preferred.
- Skilled in negotiations, entitlements, planning and feasibility
- Oversee and manage the budget
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and the ability to multi-task
- Perform other duties as may be required and appropriate to further the Company’s mission.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with colleagues, consultants and development team members.
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized, efficient and timely manner and successfully meet project deadlines.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite and Excel
- Project Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job