The CMBS Collateral Surveillance team monitors more than $85B in CMBS transactions and is responsible for assessing the credit quality and risk factors attributable to CMBS loans in the portfolio through underwriting, market research and analytics. We are seeking an experienced Analyst with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience to join our team. Surveillance Analysts are responsible for underwriting new issue and performing CMBS loans, monitoring loan and property performance, creating reports and presentations for senior management and using data analytics to assess and present portfolio exposure.
- Underwriting & Credit Monitoring:
- Monitor and evaluate credit metrics, loan and property performance, maturities and dispositions; tracking changes in performance and analyzing risk in assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate with Master Servicers to assure adherence with loan documents including loan covenants, cash management triggers and potential defaults.
- Thorough underwriting and cash flow analysis at the loan and property level on original B-Piece acquisitions and performing loans in the CMBS portfolio. Analysts will have the opportunity to underwrite loans secured by all property types in all 50 states across the U.S.
- Prepare and present Portfolio Reviews to senior management.
- Market Conditions & Exposure Events:
- Monitor news sources to create exposure reports using data analytics to summarize risk to portfolio.
- Conduct research on market and economic trends, interpreting market conditions and assessing impact to collateral.
- Coordinate with the Master Servicers and REO team on major disaster events and site visits.
- Preparation of monthly reports for multiple departments including the executive team.
- Assist VP of Surveillance in automating standardized reports and improving department processes.
- Ad hoc reporting projects for senior management including portfolio statistics and market studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience, preferably in CMBS, commercial real estate or structured finance.
- Strong work ethic; ability to excel in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Effective written & verbal communication; ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
- Well-organized with extremely high attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable reading and interpreting legal documents including loan agreements.
- Exposure to Trepp, Power BI, Real Capital Analytics, Co-Star and Bloomberg Terminal will be an advantage.
- Interest in big data, business intelligence, and integrating new technology platforms is a plus.
- Research/Market Analysis
- Risk Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.