DRA Advisors LLC is a New York-based real estate private equity investment and management firm with an institutional and private investor fund base. For over 32 years DRA has been a highly regarded investor and equity joint venture partner with outstanding real estate operating groups. The firm invests nationally in the value-add retail, office, multifamily and industrial sectors. Since inception, DRA has invested in 1,600 properties totaling $29 billion. Presently the firm has $10 billion of assets under management consisting of 416 properties in 35 states.
The Acquisitions Analyst supports the Transaction group during all aspects of the real estate investment process. Key areas of responsibility include market analysis, financial modeling, cash flow analysis, lease review, assistance in evaluating deal structures and due diligence activities for new acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform detailed financial modeling incorporating discounted cash flow analysis, direct cap method, sales comp analysis, various debt scenarios and sensitivity tables; Underwrite office, multi-family, retail and industrial investments located in the United States.
- Analyze IRR projections, Promote calculations, Waterfall structures and Cash Flow forecasts.
- Utilize AE/ DCF software to project property cash flows through rent, expense, tenant cost and other global assumptions.
- Prepare acquisition materials including but not limited to:
- Capitalization tables; Net asset value analyses; Implied Cap Rate analyses; future cash flows; Consolidated debt overviews and net present value analyses for public and private real estate operating companies; Investment Committee memos, Debt proposals, Go Hard memos, Post-Closing material and any other necessary documents needed as part of the acquisition process.
- Review of financial packages as needed.
- Conduct market research including market rents, sales comps and operating costs analysis.
- Physically inspect properties across the United States for possible acquisitions.
- Manage due diligence process and assist in the disposition process.
- Develop relationship with potential joint venture partners or brokers for acquisitions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or related field is strongly desired.
- 2-4 years’ work experience in Real Estate.
- In-depth understanding of financial modeling including cash-on-cash returns, IRR analysis, waterfall structures and discounted cash flows.
- Excellent working knowledge of Argus Enterprise and Excel.
- Experience underwriting commercial properties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, due diligence, organization, and financial analysis skills
- Must have take-ownership mentality, while being a collaborative team player who exhibits maturity, creativity, diplomacy and self-confidence.
- Strategic thinking with proactive a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work within tight timeframe's and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy along with ability to multitask and prioritize.
Position is based in NYC and involves approximately 15% travel
- Financial Analysis
This job is no longer active.