Atlas Real Estate Partners is seeking an Acquisitions Associate to assist with the full life-cycle of commercial real estate investment, including: sourcing, underwriting, transaction execution, and asset management. The Associate will work closely with the company’s Principals and will have exceptional growth opportunities within the firm. The open position is based in the company’s New York City headquarters.
- Assist with the sourcing of core-plus and value-add office and retail properties (but the role will include working with/exposure to most property types and strategies, including: multifamily and ground up development, respectively).
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with brokers, lenders and partners.
- Review and screen acquisition opportunities.
- Underwrite transactions using Excel and Argus; model JV/partnership structures and waterfalls.
- Prepare investment committee memos and deal presentations.
- Effectively communicate deal summaries to the company’s principals and partners.
- Assist with all aspects of transaction execution, including: financing, due diligence and closing.
- Stay actively involved in deals post-acquisition: leasing analysis/negotiations, refinancing, dispositions and collaborate with the investor relations team.
- Bachelor degree; MBA not required
- 3-5 years experience in real estate private equity and or investment banking.
- Proficiency in Argus, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical/financial modeling skills (including JV structures and waterfalls).
- Self-starter with ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to help with all aspects of company business (entrepreneurial) and to travel (mostly along the East Coast).
- Full-time position with a competitive annual salary, a performance-based bonus and healthcare benefits coverage.
About Atlas Real Estate Partners
Atlas Real Estate Partners is a privately-held real estate investment firm headquartered in New York, NY, focused on investments in multifamily, student-housing, retail, office, and self-storage assets throughout the United States. Atlas utilizes a unique business model that has a dedicated team in each target market focused on deal sourcing, project management and property operations. Each local team uses its existing relationships and extensive market knowledge to acquire assets at a low basis, and control repositioning costs through intensive project management. Atlas can identify off-market opportunities with strong downside protection and attractive risk-adjusted returns. Since its formation in 2009, Atlas has closed over 40 acquisitions with a total capitalization of more than $1 billion in numerous markets including MD, DC, VA, FL, NY, TX, MA, and IL. Atlas is extremely active and looking to grow its various investment platforms while diversifying its holdings.
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.