Thomas Safran & Associates is hiring an experienced and highly motivated Real Estate Development Project Manager to lead and be responsible for the day-to-day project management of new construction affordable, mixed-income and mixed-use projects. The Real Estate Development Project Manager will report to the President and Vice President of Development and be supported by Assistant Project Managers and a Development Assistant. This position will have broad exposure to the affordable housing development industry and directly impact the successful growth of the company.
The perfect candidate is bright and has excellent interpersonal and organizational skills who takes the initiative to follow through and “get it done”. They are self-motivated, well rounded, highly capable, socially responsible, and passionate about the mission of the company. This position is based out of Brentwood and may require some travel throughout the Los Angeles area.
- Perform analytical and transactional tasks for acquisition, entitlement and financing processes.
- Take charge of the day-to-day management of new construction projects from start to finish. Includes site acquisition, design, land use, financing, construction oversight and successful occupancy.
- Prepare regular project budgets, cash flow projections, and project schedules.
- Prepare and coordinate loan applications to various private and public sources.
- Lead and facilitate loan closings and tax credit syndications. This includes working with attorneys, lenders, investors, escrow and title companies to coordinate and complete all due diligence, legal and financial documents in a thorough and timely manner.
- Oversee design and construction together with in-house construction management team.
- Represent TSA with public agencies, elected officials and community groups.
- Successfully complete applications in response to competitive Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Performing other duties as may be required and appropriate to further the Company’s mission.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of real estate transaction, project management or similar experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
- Affordable housing development and finance experience preferred but not required.
- Impeccable organization skills and follow through.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Familiarity with affordable housing finance a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of success.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job