Real Estate Private Equity Firm is seeking an Associate/Analyst to support the continued growth of its West LA office. The firm invests capital on behalf of institutional funds with a primary focus on opportunistic and value-add strategies.
The position will play a key role in executing value enhancement strategies and assisting in oversight of real estate investments across a variety of property types in the Western US.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated to add value at a growing, well-capitalized platform and gain a wide range of experience across multiple property types and investment strategies.
The Associate/Analyst will play an important role on analyzing property-level transactions including capital renovation/reposition projects, new leasing activity, financing events, dispositions, and recapitalizations.
The role will also support the evaluation and execution of acquisitions & developments alongside senior management. You will be involved in all aspects of the deal process including financial analysis, market research, due diligence, financing, business plan development, and closing.
Additional responsibilities will include preparing property-level and investor-level reports, tracking property-level budgets and performance against relevant benchmarks, as well as ad-hoc analysis to support the asset management and acquisitions teams for both existing and new investments.
- Support asset management activities, including repositioning strategies, refinancings, and dispositions
- Prepare and present quarterly and annual asset management and portfolio reports, cash flow forecasts, and waterfall distribution analyses
- Provide recommended solutions to any operational issues that could impact the financial performance of an asset
- Track market activity and maintain database of lease and sales comps
- Build and maintain detailed financial models utilizing Excel and Argus for acquisition and development projects that incorporate various scenarios, capital structures, and cash flow distribution waterfalls
- Prepare presentations and materials for the investment committee, investors, and lenders
- Manage due diligence, including the analysis and review of market data, financial statements, development budgets, 3rd party reports, and legal documentation
- Manage and track portfolio and asset performance & compliance, including portfolio sensitivities on financing, operations, and leasing to assist senior management and investment partner review of strategic and risk management decisions
- Assist with investment and accounting teams to assess cash flow needs, capital requirements, and property-level distributions on a monthly basis
- Coordinate with lenders for reporting, covenant calculations, draw requests and hedging activities
- Monitor the management of capital renovation projects and operating activities
- Analyze proposed leasing transactions for deal approvals and interface with brokers
- Manage workflow with on-site personnel, property management, and accounting teams
- Excellent undergraduate record
- 1-4 years of work experience in either a real estate role (asset management, acquisitions, development, structured finance, investment sales) or advanced financial role (investment banking analyst program, management consulting, Big 4 accounting)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (candidates will be tested)
- Experience with Argus is preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of real estate finance, valuation, and capital markets
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Self-motivated and proactive individual who is resourceful and can work well independently
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple workstreams
- Thoughtful presentation and communication skills with the ability to think like an investor and articulate assumptions, conclusions, and recommendations from their analysis
- Team player suited to work within an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture
- Candidates must be located in Los Angeles or have ties to Southern California
- Asset Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job