AWH Partners is seeking an Associate to join its Acquisitions Team in New York City. The role will be an integral part of a team investing in hospitality and related assets throughout the United States. The role will report directly to the head of acquisitions and will work closely with the firm’s Managing Partners.
About AWH Partners
AWH Partners is a privately held real estate investment firm formed by alumni of The Blackstone Group and The Related Companies. Since 2010, AWH and its principals, Russ Flicker, Jon Rosenfeld, and Chad Cooley have amassed a portfolio in excess of $1 billion. AWH owns Spire Hospitality, a top-tier national hospitality platform formed in 1980, and AWH Development, a full-service real estate development company, which collectively provide AWH with complete vertical integration in the hospitality investment space.
- Support the Acquisitions Team in all aspects of acquisitions, financing, and development.
- Reconcile property due diligence information to build in-depth operating proforma and financial models for all new investment opportunities reflecting investment returns, complex debt and equity structures, and sensitivity analyses.
- Manage the compilation of all due diligence data for targeted investment opportunities.
- Produce comprehensive deal memos for internal investment committee and joint venture equity partners including analysis on business plan, market trends, operations, comparable trades, macro risk factors, deal terms and return profiles.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and produce deliverables for all verticals of AWH (investment, development and asset/property management).
- Conduct property site visits of existing portfolio and new investment opportunities (travel will be required).
- Build relationships with junior stakeholders at brokerage firms and debt and equity capital providers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top tier institution with excellent academic credentials.
- 1-4 years of work experience in investment banking, lending, consulting, brokerage, investment management or related field.
- Strong interest in real estate investment and development.
- Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills with ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of data manipulation and analysis in Microsoft Excel.
- Team player with a history of individual commitment to collective efforts and strong interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly articulate positions and ideas.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.