Starboard Realty Advisors owns, manages and acquires stabilized and value add multi-family and commercial properties nationwide, through direct or joint venture, 1031 exchange high net worth investor and family office equity. Responsibilities include the asset management of our existing portfolio and acquired assets, the disposition properties as planned or required and assistance in the due diligence of potential properties being acquired. Your objective is to maximize the value and income of the real estate portfolio (primarily multi-family assets and retail centers) by executing and/or creating each property’s business plan. Also, to provide due diligence and underwriting assistance in order to determine the merits and risks of investment opportunities to meet investment objectives.
- Work closely with partners, property managers, consultants and servicers, to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, renewals, analysis and approvals.
- Optimize property performance and investment returns through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying value-add opportunities for improved performance.
- Understand cash flow, distribution analysis, and develop investment projections.
- Review monthly financials and monitor investment performance.
- Develop and distribute monthly asset management reports for senior management and investors as well as modeling financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition. Provide written quarterly updates of performance in investment and property funds to investors.
- Provide acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
- Research, evaluate and confirm locational, market, comparable and property data.
- Manage existing property level debt obligations and analyze alternative or accretive scenarios.
- Review and analyze legal documents and third-party reports as part of the due diligence and closing process.
- College degree (BA/BS) with emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or Engineering.
- Five plus years of proven experience in asset management, with a minimum of ten years work experience
- Ability to evaluate and determine property budgets, asset performance and valuations under a variety of scenarios to develop asset management strategies and provide recommendations for changes or enhancements to improve objectives.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with management, partners and external clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workflow and deadlines, self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude.
- Working experience in evaluation and underwriting investment merits and risks associated with commercial real estate (primarily multi-family equity investment is desirable).
- Strong in software applications for real estate investment analysis and accounting review including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Argus, Yardi, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Experience with revenue management systems such as Yieldstar and LRO.
About Starboard: We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. We are a growing company with upward mobility.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision • 401k savings plan with company match • Generous vacation time and holiday pay including up to 4 weeks of vacation from the first year of employment.
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.