Senior Analyst - Equity Asset Management
Job Location: United States : California : San Francisco Role Value Proposition: MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion-dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. This role will be responsible for supporting the Asset Management team for MetLife s general account real estate equity portfolio and third-party investors. The portfolio includes office, retail, industrial, multi-family, hotels and land holdings. Key Responsibilities: Support Asset Management team in establishing and directing asset investment strategy, financial forecasts and budgets, valuation analysis, management and leasing efforts and capital analysis for the regional equity portfolio.
- Support the asset management team in the development of property operating budgets, capital budgets, income re-projections and annual business plans.
- Manage database applications and oversee portfolio reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Participate in property and market inspections.
- Research and analyze regional geographic markets and industry data.
- Support the asset management team as needed in any asset dispositions, including coordinating sale effort with outside brokers.
- Assist in underwriting and valuation of large/complex commercial real estate assets including office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel, and review/provide feedback on third party underwriting of quarterly property valuations.
- Coordinate with acquisitions group regarding new investments to minimize operational or financial issues following closing.
- Assist in due diligence and coordination with asset managers during the closing/onboarding process including, tenant estoppel reviews, OFAC compliance, ARGUS audit, rent roll/lease verification, etc. as required in the for the acquisition and development of real estate equity assets.
- Coordinate with property manager and leasing teams in gathering property information on an ad-hoc basis.
- Lead OFAC reviews and related initiatives for the Region.
- Assist in review of leases during lease negotiations process and conduct financial analysis of lease economics.
- Work with Regional Architect on updating internal reports
- Process all REIT compliance, GRESBY and other compliance related reports.
- Proficiency with ARGUS, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MRI accounting systems a plus.
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Bachelor s degree in an applicable business-related field required, MBA or master s in real estate equivalent optional.
- 3-5 years of commercial real estate experience with various property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hotels preferred.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.