Vice President, Multifamily Asset Management San Francisco, CA Exciting opportunity to oversee a $900 million multifamily portfolio comprised of institutional quality assets in three West Coast markets and Denver. The Vice President will function as a multifamily specialist, having direct responsibility for the execution of strategic business plans across the core, value-add and development risk categories. The Vice President will have the unique opportunity to work alongside a joint venture development partner on the construction of a 9-story apartment project in the Mid-Market neighborhood in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will enjoy having autonomy, while working in a collaborative environment. The Vice President will be supported by an Analyst. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position. Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and written skills are also necessary. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility of a portfolio of institutional-quality multifamily properties held by commingled funds as well as separate account clients.
- Prepare and execute strategic business plans for core, value-add and development properties.
- Engage and direct third-party property managers in development of annual operating budgets including capital and leasing plans.
- Provide acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
- Manage coordination of post-acquisition activities and integration of asset into the ownership s portfolio.
- Assist portfolio manager in the positioning of assets for sale and in the sales/marketing process.
- Attend monthly construction meetings, review draw requests, and oversee development assets through third-party lease-up and stabilization.
- Help establish policies and procedures through best practices.
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- Candidates should have 7-10+ years of direct real estate industry experience including specific multi-family asset management experience.
- Experience in managing development deals a strong plus.
- Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail including an editing eye, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to navigate nuance and complexity.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting, and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, accountability, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
- Experience communicating with clients, joint venture partners, construction consultants, brokers, legal and risk management professionals.
- Asset Management
- Project Management
7+ to 10 years